Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Pyramids of Giza

A trip to Egypt cannot be complete without a visit to the Great Pyramids of Giza. Being born and raise in Egypt, I never really had a god appreciation for the pyramids. They are always there. Some people see them on a daily basis. Some wake up to the view of the pyramids every day. Believe it or not, it actually gets old. It's like having a dangerous or risky job, after a while, the dangers just become routine.

My appreciation to the ancient egyptian history grew while living in Canada. I felt like a tourist while visiting the pyramids! I practically was one, and people approached me as a tourist, talking to me in english, french, german, etc. The mystifying thing is, some of those vendors can't read nor write (I asked one of them), but still, they can somehow function in several different languages (more or less). They know enough to make a sale.

Now, the photography bit. All photos were edited after my shoot. I also played around with High Dynamic Range (HDR) photos. Basically, you take several shots of the same subject at different exposures, and then you combine them using an HDR software (I'm using Photomatix, trial version). The results can be amazing. The photos don't look realistic (which is okay), since the human eye cannot perceive such a wide range of exposures.
  
So, without further ado, here are some of the shots I took during my visit. The photos don't do them justice. 

Khafre's Pyramid. This is the second lagerst pyramid

Khufu's Pyramid. The first and largest great pyramid

Me at Khafre's pyramid!!

The Sphinx and in the background, Khafre's pyramid to the right, and Mankare's pyramid (the smallest one) to the left

The Sphinx with Khufu's pyramid

Khufu's pyramid. Photographs don't do it justice. It's majestic !!

Khafre's pyramid

HDR shot of the Sphinx and Khufu's pyramid

HDR shot of Khafre's pyramid. You can also see Mankare's pyramid to the left


#Egypt #Giza #Pyramids #The Great Pyramids #Ancient Egypt #Pharos #Ancient Monuments #Pyramids of Giza


No comments: